Monday, September 14, 2015

Majic

Today I wandered into a bookstore just a few blocks from Merritt College.

Fundies can be WIERD and there are a few in the neighborhood. Merritt is NOT a fundie college.

Well, on the reference shelf was a paperback version of THIS little gem:



And, it was DISCOUNTED! That is important because, as an honorary member of the Tribe of Armenia, I don't want to pay retail (e.g. the full retail price).

So I popped it open to a random page and was SOLD on what first caught my eye:



Now, to the magic. The price (including tax) came to $25.37

So I gave the clerk two $20 bills, 2 quarters, and two pennies ($40.52)

I don't need THIS, she said handing me back the quarters and pennies.

Just ring it up, was my reply.

Change = $15.15. One $10, one $5, one dime, and one nickel.

WOW, how did you do that?

I told her I used to do magic tricks on Vaudeville.

There is more to the story, but that is enough.

No comments: